Intellectual Property (IP)
We help inventors, authors, and entrepreneurs to secure, leverage, and defend their intellectual property rights in Canada and around the world.
Intellectual property (IP) rights are valuable assets. They can protect your ideas, attract investment, generate licensing revenue, and distinguish your work from the competition. Our experience team can help you develop an IP portfolio that is right for your goals and your budget.
We offer expertise and services across all areas of IP, including:
- securing rights for patents, trademarks, industrial designs, and plant breeders’ rights;
- protecting copyright, trade secrets, and domain names;
- negotiating agreements and drafting contracts;
- coordinating international IP services; and
- enforcing IP rights through civil litigation.
Our IP team members apply their technical expertise in the life sciences, physical sciences, and engineering disciplines to advise clients at the leading-edge of innovation in agriculture, biotechnology, medicine, green technology, nanotechnology, optics, chemistry, oil and gas, mechanical engineering, software development, new media, and the fine arts. We also work with universities and other public institutions to manage the unique IP considerations faced by those institutions and their employees.